What better for a pairing, then gourmet popcorn and gourmet marshmallows. I am obsessed with gourmet popcorn, especially salt and sweet and thought about how amazing it might be to make a gooey treat by combining them with our delicious marshmallows.
And these crunchy marshmallow bars are the simplest thing to make!
This recipe will produce enough bars to see you and a couple of friends through a movie.
Sweet and Salt Popcorn 100g
Raspberry marshmallow 85g x 2
Optional: Melted chocolate for finishing
- First things first I emptied a large bag of my favourite (Salt & Sweet Popcorn from Popcorn Kitchen) into a bowl minus a few pieces because I just can't help myself.
- Then I took two bags of our raspberry marshmallows and but them in a pan on low heat with 50g of butter until melted.
- Stir the two together.
- Lay some clingfilm over a tray and spread the mixture to a good thickness. Then cover with more cling film and place into the fridge.
- Or: to mould into balls I tore off small squares of clingfilm and dolloped tablespoons of the mixture into each square and scrunched them up into a ball.
- Leave in the fridge to set over night
- Pull the bars out of the fridge and cut into squares.
- Melt some chocolate in a pan and dip one end of each bar into the melted mixture
- Lay onto the baking paper and leave to cool
I loved them! I can’t wait to try them with the other flavours. I’m thinking passion fruit and coconut with white chocolate!